[portfolio_slideshow include=”333,250, 251, 249″]
For an overview of the territory, view the zoomable Rio Grande National Forest Visitor Map — Middle Region .
- Fly Fish: Catch trout, pike, bass and more in the South San Juan Wilderness Area.
- Camp: With 770 square mile of public lands in Conejos County, you can find a scenic spot just for you! Camp in a Forest Service campground or in a friendly, privately owned site.
- Hunt: Conejos County has almost any type of hunting you are interested in due to the varied habitats and terrains . Visit during the hunting season and partake of all the county has to offer.
- Hike: The majestic San Juan Mountains offer cascading streams, rivers teeming with trout, sweeping meadows, craggy cliffs and forest glades. And what better way to experience it than by going on a walkabout.
- 4-Wheel: There are plenty of four-wheeling opportunities in Conejos County and the Rio Grande National Forest.
- Mountain Bike: Conejos County offers miles of great forest service roads that make for great biking. Great biking exists on wider roads and trails both for families and the more independent adventurer.
- Snow Mobile: Wintertime in the Colorado San Juans can be very playful. With snowfall typically plentiful, there is plenty of space to play. We have some of the best snowmobiling in the state.
- Cross-country Ski: It’s quiet deep in the forest. Set your own trail or ski up a forest road.